Bangkok, Thailand, November 15, 2021 / TRAVELINDEX / While travelling to Australia may not be easy at the moment, transporting your tastebuds there without leaving Bangkok has never been easier. Beef lovers can now go on a delicious culinary adventure like no other thanks to The Great Steak Escape and the 7 restaurants and 7 Chefs taking part from now till November 24, 2021. The dishes being offered during this campaign showcase the juicy tenderness of premium Australian beef combined with distinctive Thai flavours and aromatics to create unforgettable dining experiences.
The Great Steak Escape is brought to Thai beef connoisseurs by True Aussie Beef to highlight the unsurpassed taste of Australian beef. Australian beef cattle are raised in a pure and natural environment with uncompromised levels of paddock to plate quality control standards. The stringent measures put in place by the Australian beef industry ensures consistent purity, texture, and flavour in every cut of beef.
To bring Australian beef to life on diners’ plates, 7 restaurants and their Chefs were invited to take part in The Great Steak Escape. Each of the esteemed Chefs not only have a passion for beef but also the skills and dedication required to ensure that every cut of beef they cook is not only a feast for the eyes but also dances in the mouths of their customers, rewarding them with an abundance of flavour in every bite.
1. “Smoked by Chef Pam” is a revolutionary BBQ smokehouse owned by Chef Pam, the True Aussie Beef Thailand Ambassador. Beef lovers will love the aroma, tenderness and juiciness of the Australian beef that has been transformed through the smoked process. Two highlights that are sure to satisfy true beef lovers are the 14-Hours Smoked Dino Ribs set using bone-in short rib and the 14-Hours Smoked Angus Brisket set. Both are served with select side dishes, including mustard potato salad, chips, coleslaw and many more. Besides these two mouthwatering dishes, Smoked also offers a variety of Australian beef cuts on their menu, such as Smoked Wagyu Tataki, Wagyu Round Cut Fried Rice, Smoked Steaks, Wagyu Flat Iron and more delectable options.
2. “Market Café by Khao” is a Michelin-starred, award-winning, and iconic ‘Khao restaurant’ located in the Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit. It serves delicious Thai dishes with high-quality ingredients, including premium ingredients Australian beef. During The Great Steak Escape campaign, Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit is offering a special “Steakation” package that includes a delicious Australian Beef Thai dinner set combined with a one-night stay in a Club Room with Club benefits. Beef lovers will have their tastebuds sent on a delicious journey to Australia, accompanied by an array of dazzling Thai flavours in some unforgettable Chef created dishes. Lucky diners can enjoy Sun-Dried Beef, Spicy Beef Salad with Lemongrass and Mint, Panaeng Curry with Beef, and Som Chun a traditional Thai dessert. The Australian beef cut at the centre of these dishes is Australian Striploin, a well-marbled boneless cut of beef that provides a mouthwatering experience in every bite.
3. “Fat Lamb Restaurant” serves up Mediterranean food in a cozy home environment. The highlight of their menu is the giant Australian Tomahawk steak with the special Fat Lamb seasoning, guaranteed to delight from the very first bite. This cut is prized for its extremely tender, buttery texture from the higher marbling and always delicious flavour. Beautifully presented on the bone, it is one of the most visually impressive steaks money can buy. Apart from the giant Australian Tomahawk, Chicago Wagyu Pizza will surely be another favourite choice for beef lovers who love cheese. This dish delivers a distinctive cheese aroma with the soft and smooth consistency of Australian beef coming together in perfect harmony. More must-try Australian beef dishes, cooked in the Mediterranean style, are the Tenderloin beef kebab, the 24-hour sous vide beef cheek, and the Iskender kebab.
4. “Chef’s Table by Chef Art” is owned by famous celebrity chef Supamongkon “Art” Supapipat, the first chef to bring the chef table dining experience to Thailand. The restaurant’s feature dish is the Australian Beef Wellington, the ultimate in luxurious roasts that combine Australian beef tenderloin and Chef Art’s secret ingredients created with berries, red wine, and creamy mashed potato wrapped in a buttery puff pastry crust. The Beef Wellington at Chef’s Table by Chef Art is a popular favourite with diners who relish in the deliciousness of the perfectly cooked tender fillet of Australian beef and is one of those dishes that is remembered well beyond the meal itself. Another dish that Beef lovers should not miss when dining here is the Australian Beef Fillet Rossini cooked with tenderloin, Perigueux sauce, brioche, and butter vegetables which come together to provide rich flavours that are bound to please dinner guests.
5. “Sexy Cow Prime Steak & Seafood” provides the ultimate prime steak & seafood dining experience with outstanding premium-grade beef imported from Australia: Striploin, Tenderloin, Ribeye, and Tomahawk are selection all available on the menu. The appetite pleasing Meat Platter features three premium-grade imported cuts of Australian beef and lamb chops which are aged for four weeks until the meat is tenderised and the flavour is much richer. Sexy Cow has a specially crafted charcoal grill that cooks these beautiful pieces of steak to perfection. Another crowd-pleaser on the menu is Tenderloin Truffle, a dish that will be a true highlight for hungry beef lovers. Tenderloin is perfect for those who prefer lean meats, and in this dish, it is served with truffle sauce and fresh truffle slices, it is luxurious yet delectable and will surely delight every diner.
6. “Flat Marble Restaurant” is a popular and intimate casual fine dining restaurant that offers a variety of menu options to satisfy the taste buds of beef lovers. The highlights on the menu are the Fat Beef Fried Rice with Australian Wagyu Striploin Steak topped with a Fried Egg, Uni and Ikura and the Capellini Aglio Olio e Pepperoncino topped with Australian Wagyu Striploin. These two dishes deliver an unforgettable level of richness due to the increased marbling of the Striploin cut which makes this cut of beef perfect for searing. Another recommended dish sure to dazzle beef lovers dining at Flat Marble is the Butter Australian Wagyu Tenderloin.
7. “Mad Beef” is a beef kaiseki restaurant in Bangkok with the concept of offering good quality dishes for beef lovers, this of course includes premium-grade Australian beef. The restaurant serves its customers the most unique cuts of beef and cooks them in the maddest way possible. One such offering is the Mad Sando, a Japanese-style chopped wagyu sandwich with Kansai-style sukiyaki sauce which is a mayo that’s been torched for extra palate-pleasing taste. Another standout dish is Mad Don, Wagyu Denver on rice with raw egg and fried leek. The Australian Denver Steak in this dish is also known as the chuck flap tail, which comes from the short rib of the chuck, it’s a finely textured cut and is the unsung hero of the flavorful chuck primal. All these Mad Beef creations are favourites with beef lovers thanks to their intense and delicious flavours and the delicate textures of the Australian beef.
About Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)
Meat & Livestock Australia Limited (MLA) is the marketing, research and development body for Australia’s red meat and livestock industry. It is a not-for-profit organisation owned by cattle, sheep and goat producers. MLA uses the True Aussie Beef and Lamb brand, to promote Australian red meat in export markets (Internationally), representing Australian beef, veal, lamb, and goat to showcase the value of these products while sharing the True Aussie Beef and Lamb story.
First published at TravelCommunication.net